Sustainability issues are playing an increasingly important role in all areas of social life. As insurance agents we are, at least in parts of our organisation, financial advisors in the sense of the Transparency Regulation of the European Parliament. 1.
- We will assess the sustainability strategies presented by insurers when negotiating group insurance contracts and, where appropriate, whether the insurers' considerations represent significant advantages or disadvantages for our clients in our view.
- Take into account the information published by insurers on sustainability issues and, where appropriate, will not shortlist insurers that do not have a sustainability strategy as suitable risk carriers for our clients' risks.
- The density of information for such consideration is currently still low, but is expected to increase.
- The information on their sustainability strategy comes from the insurance companies. We are therefore not responsible for its accuracy.
- If insurers compensate the consideration of sustainability risks in investments by a higher remuneration of the insurance broker, we will accept the higher remuneration.
- In the remuneration of employees (salaried employees and freelancers), we promote the consideration of sustainability risks through a higher remuneration for the brokerage of these products.
1 Regulation 2019/2088 (EU) of the European Parliament and of the Council on sustainability-related disclosure requirements in the financial services sector