Exciting exchange about digital nomads
Recently, the sales department at BDAE had the pleasure of welcoming broker Robin Lerch to our offices in Hamburg. Robin specializes in providing insurance coverage for digital nomads – a target group that BDAE has been serving since 2015.
Robin is a digital nomad himself, working from anywhere in the world. Being a part of his own target group is as close as it gets when it comes to offering services and solutions that one personally needs and values. In the insurance industry, Robin is well-known, especially since he was named "Young Broker of the Year" by the industry magazine AssCompact.
We operate based on the principles of "Know your customer" and "Know your broker." Therefore, it is not only important but also crucial for us to listen to our policyholders and distribution partners like Robin:
- What services matter most to our target audiences?
- What are the deal-breakers?
- What sets us apart?
- What level of service is expected?
- Are our premiums and commissions acceptable?
- How does the competition differentiate itself (whether for better or worse)?
- How well are our insurance terms understood?
- Can all relevant information be quickly accessed?
All of this helps us improve in the best interests of our customers and collaboration partners.
"One of our most important principles is transparency. That's why we are brutally honest in discussions like these. We also acknowledge our weaknesses because that's the only way we can grow – and I don't just mean in terms of revenue but also in personal growth and as an organization," says Torben Roß, responsible for distribution partners at BDAE.