Inexpensive basic cover
Can be taken out abroad
You are planning to work abroad for a few years and need an affordable basic health insurance cover which can easily extended to suit your personal requirements? You want visits to your home country to be included under the benefits? It is a product for all nationalities living abroad as long as the center of life is not the home country.
BDAE offers EXPAT FLEXIBLE, the health insurance product you have been looking for!
Jannis & Felicitas are long-term travellers in a campervan
Jannis and Felicitas have always had a dream: to travel the world. They have been fulfilling this dream for quite some time. They have built themselves a campervan, with which they would now even like to leave Europe. Until now, they had not given much thought to health insurance abroad. But when they heard in conversations with other travellers that many had already urgently needed the insurance due to unforeseen treatments, they found out more.
For the two of them, Expat Flexible is exactly the right product: it is a low-cost international insurance with solid basic cover. The good thing is that they can even take out Expat Flexible from their already started trip abroad. During their research, they had seen that this is not possible with every provider of health insurance abroad. And especially reassuring: the return transport to Germany is also insured in case of emergency. So Jannis & Felicitas can continue their journey with a clear conscience.
Martin travels through Southeast Asia
After school, Martin wants to enjoy life a bit more and pursue his hobbies of diving and photography. He has always wanted to travel to Southeast Asia and take photos for his blog. He wants to be on the road for a maximum of two years and first travel to Bali and go diving there. He doesn't have much money for health insurance abroad.
That's why Expat Flexible is the ideal product for Martin: The international health insurance offers him worldwide coverage. Since pre-existing conditions are not covered, the insurance can be taken out for as little as 97 euros a month. In addition, Martin can change the country of residence at any time without having to worry about a new health insurance policy abroad.
World Traveller Adam Has to See the Dentist
Adam has been travelling the world in a van for two years now: and he doesn't want to give up this lifestyle so quickly. Even before the trip, it was clear to him that he needed good health insurance. But since he didn't know at all which countries he would be travelling to and how long he would be on the road, he needed the greatest possible flexibility.
With Expat Flexible, he made exactly the right choice. He is insured worldwide for up to five years (except for the USA and Switzerland - but here emergency cover applies for 42 days per insurance year) and dental treatment is also covered at 100 per cent. The Plus module even includes dental prostheses. This is particularly reassuring for him, because he knows how expensive dental treatment and dentures can be - even in Germany.
Covid 19 and pandemics:
Full coverage abroad!
- Full coverage for pandemics like Covid-19
- Insurance confirmations for foreign travel are provided by us
- Vaccination against Covid-19 is covered by the scope of benefits of the EXPAT INFINITY premium variant
|Outpatient Medical Treatment||100%|
|Inpatient Medical Treatment||100%|
|Pharmaceutical Products, Bandages and Remedies||100%|
|Repatriation (Return Transport)||for up to 250,000 Euro per loss event|
|Repatriation in case of death||up to 10,000 Euro|
|Medically necessary follow-up treatment|
|Medical assessment via DoctorChat (Medical Assistant “Emma”) ||free of charge|
Additional benefits Expat Flexible Plus
|Aids and Appliances in a simple forma nd their repair costs||80% up to 1,000 Euro per year|
|Preventive outpatient medical examinations for early detection of cancer||100%|
|Visual aids||50 Euro per year|
|EXPAT Flexible |
|EXPAT Flexible |
|worldwide (limited for USA, Canada and Switzerland) |
(includes insurance coverage up to 42 days for stays in the USA, Canada and Switzerland)
|97 Euro||144 Euro|
|worldwide (limited for USA and Switzerland) |
(includes insurance coverage up to 42 days for stays in the USA and Switzerland and up to 365 days in case of stays in Canada)
|425 Euro||568 Euro|
Please note that the entire monthly premium is due upon signing the contract, regardless of the date of the signing.
- Insurance cover for natural persons
- Worldwide insurance coverage, except USA and Switzerland
- The maximum insurable age is 66 years
- The maximum term of insurance relationship is 5 years
- The insurance relationship can be terminated at any time. In this case it shall end upon expiry of the month following the month of termination.
- Insurance coverage in the home country possible
- Assistance and emergency services (for instance: multilingual 24-h emergency hotline)
- Worldwide Patient Legal Expenses Insurance
not included in insurance cover
Openness and transparency are values the BDAE GROUP promotes in its daily business. These values are a precondition for trust. Therefore you will find below the most important exclusions from our insurance cover. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions Part I and II for an elaborate list of exclusions.
- Insurance claims occured or existing prior to the start of the insurance coverage and as well as for insurance claims occured during the waiting period (pre-existing illnesses and existingneed for treatment)
- Treatments based on infirmity and a need for care or custody
- Treatments due to sterility and artificial insemination as well as preliminary examinations
- Treatments of mental or psychological disorder and diseases, psychotherapy, psychosomatic treatments like hypnosis and autogenic training and as well as suicide attemps and their consequences
- Immunisation measures
- Benefits in connection with pregnancy and delivery
- Withdrawal treatments inclusive of withdrawal cures and treatments of a dependency syndrome