If you go abroad to study or to work as a trainee, you will most likely not be in the position to afford expensive covers. However, classical comprehensive health insurance products are usually comparably expensive and would put quite some pressure on relatively small budgets. EXPAT ACADEMIC enables you to satisfactorily balance a solid cover with a moderate premium.
Alex - The Active Athlete
Alexandra is a 19-year-old Canadian student studying engineering in Germany. She is an enthusiastic sportswoman and takes part in various sporting activities.
One day, while playing basketball, Alex is accidentally hit in the face and she loses a tooth.
Fortunately, Alexandra had the foresight to opt for EXPAT ACADEMIC insurance in the premium version before arriving in Germany. If she loses her tooth after the waiting period, the insurance will step in and provide valuable assistance. EXPAT ACADEMIC PREMIUM covers up to 1,000 euros for the tooth replacement.
Maria - The Expectant Mother
Maria is a 28-year-old Italian student pursuing a master's degree in international Law in Germany. She's overjoyed to learn that she's expecting a baby.
As Maria's pregnancy progresses, she receives regular prenatal care and consultations. When it's time for childbirth, EXPAT ACADEMIC covers all medical expenses related to her maternity and childbirth, ensuring Maria's health and the well-being of her baby are taken care of.
Tim - The hiking enthusiast
Tim is a 21-year-old Mexican student currently doing a traineeship in Munich. He loves exploring the mountains and likes to spend his weekends exploring his surroundings.
While hiking the Alps, Tim slips on a rock and fall down. In his fall, Tim twists his knee.
EXPAT ACADEMIC covers Tim's prescribed medications and medical supplies, ensuring he gets the necessary treatment for his injury and allows him to focus on his recovery and continue making the most of his traineeship.
The BDAE advantage
- You can enter into our insurance contracts from abroad.
- You can always count on BDAE experts for support. No being stuck with a call-center agent.
- You will always be covered by our insurance – even during a pandemic.
- You can count on our insurance services – regardless of your occupation. There are special features in the case of professional participation in competitions.
- Your international medical insurances will also include patient legal protection.
- You’re planning a trip home? Our insurances will even cover your stay in your home country!
Foto: © pexels.com
Benefits & Modules
|Outpatient and inpatient Treatment||100%||100%||100%|
|Remedies per year||250 Euro||500 Euro||750 Euro|
|Prescribed pharmaceuticals and materials||100%||100%||100%|
|Dental Treatment per year||up to 250 Euro||up to 500 Euro||up to 900 Euro|
|Tooth Replacement: 50% under consideration of the tooth scale limits and after the expiry of waiting periods||up to 500 Euro||up to 500 Euro||up to 1,000 Euro|
|Maternity and Childbirth||100%||100%||100%|
|Medical Aids required due to an accident per year||up to 250 Euro||up to 500 Euro||up to 750 Euro|
|Repatriation of mortal remains||up to 30,000 Euro||up to 30,000 Euro||up to 30,000 Euro|
|worldwide excl. USA/Canada|
|Month 1-12||25 Euro||31 Euro||48 Euro|
|Month 13-36||45 Euro||53 Euro||63 Euro|
|worldwide incl. USA/Canada|
|Month 1-12||38 Euro||45 Euro||65 Euro|
|Month 13-36||67 Euro||75 Euro||85 Euro|
- Insurance cover for private individuals who stay abroad for educational/vocational training purposes
- Worldwide vadility
- The maximum insurable age is 34 years
- The maximun duration of the insurance are three years
- The policy holder or the insured person can terminate the insurance contract daily towards the end of the current insurance month
not included in insurance cover
Openness and transparency are values the BDAE GROUP promotes in its daily business. These values are a precondition for trust. Therefore you will find below the most important exclusions from our insurance cover. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions Part I and II for elaborate benefit details.
- Medical conditions which arose or existed prior to the insurance cover or during the waiting period
- Damages resulting from strike, civil disturbance, acts of war, nuclear energy and governmental interventions
- Treatments resulting from events due to the participation in a non-tourist expedition
- Treatments that are wilfully caused by the insured person
- Preventive medical checkup